Thursday, June 23, 2011

Jewelry Beginnings!





I am beginning this second blog to cater specifically to my jewelry hobby (therapy, really). For those of you who have requested the opportunity to purchase some of these pieces, this is the venue for now that I will use to show you new pieces and let you know of additional opportunities as they become available. I will try to keep it as updated as possible with pictures and pricing information. You are also welcome to make comments, request purchasing information, etc. etc. You may also contact me with orders by e-mail at soothingmomentsmassage@comcast.net or by messaging me on facebook at either of my pages - Deb Moldenhauer or Soothing Moments Massage. I will begin by taking pictures today of what I currently have available, but by way of explanation and basis, right now I have some gemstone, some glass, and some seed bead jewelry - I have necklaces, bracelets, and earrings. I also have what I call "strands" or "stretchies" - they are strands of beads on elastic that can be worn as a necklace or twisted around to wear as a bracelet or an anklet. Those will be available for special order in school colors or special group colors. For example, I'm doing some now for a cheerleading organization in their colors with some star beads, as their name is the stars. I also have eyeglass/badge holders available in different colors and lengths. These little gadgets were birthed out of my need for reading glasses, yet my refusal to purchase and wear the ones that hook on the edges of the glasses and hang down like my 3rd grade teacher, who I thought was ancient! These are much more trendy, in my opinion. Each of my pieces is an original, handmade, "one of a kind" - I'm not mass producing or making a bunch of the same. In some cases, I have enough beads to make a set containing a necklace and a bracelet and sometimes even a pair or two of earrings. I always welcome requests, but I can't guarantee I can get the beads or exact colors you want.

Ok - so we're off! I'm going to take pictures and begin posting as soon as possible. Feel free to pass this blog address around to all your friends. I will also post upcoming dates for shows I will be displaying at.

A big thanks to all you who have helped me get this going, who have purchased from me, and who have supported me with your encouragement. Here's a couple pictures from displaying at the Tremont Turkey Festival a couple weeks ago - that will give you some idea of what's currently available.

1 comment:

  1. deb - when i'm in town this weekend (and i'll be there next week as well), i can show you some tricks on your blog to make the images larger if you want. that might be helpful for showing off the jewelry. can't wait to see everyone. congrats on the new jewelry business.

    ReplyDelete